Happy Birthday, Mom!

Posted on April 8th, by Hayley in Sorry Mom. 10 comments

Yes, today is my mom’s 40th birthday! (She had my sister and me at a young age – we don’t like to talk about it.)

In honor of her birthday, please leave a comment telling everyone what you like best about my mom. Her keen eye for decorating? Her cinnamon rolls? Her willingness to laugh at all my jokes? Let us know!

If you are one of the unfortunate people who does not yet know my mom, you should go call her and get to know her. If she’s not available to speak to you right now, leave a comment telling everyone what you imagine your favorite thing about her will be once you two become acquainted.

10 responses to “Happy Birthday, Mom!”

1. Todd says:

I know people may find this hard to believe, but I actually LIKE my mother-in-law. She’s funny, passionate, opinionated, informed and generous.

I don’t get all the jokes in TV shows and movies about the “nightmare” mother-in-law. She’s been great.

2. Mindy says:

I LOVE Hayley’s mom – I’ve known her for more ten years and she is always so gracious, kind, warm, and has the best laugh!!!!

3. Shannon says:

Hayley Bug’s mom is pretty great. She single-handedly decorated my parents house in one crazy day when they moved from my childhood home on Callahan to a place on a lake. (And no, not a thing has changed since. Why would you mess with perfection?) She is loving, kind, and apparently makes great cinnamon rolls. Hope your 40th birthday is the best!

4. Hayley's Dad says:

I am one of two Dads for Hayley. Cliff Huxtable is obviously the most famous; however I know Hayley’s 40 year old Mom better. She loves her daughters, grandchildren, her sons-in-law, God and the United States of America. Hayley’s mom loves pulled pork, great deserts, HGTV and Fox News. She does not love cold weather (anything under 50) or football.

5. Erin says:

Oh dang, you’re definitely #1 daughter now.

6. Vanessa says:

My favorite thing about Sheila is her gentle spirit. She has a sweetness to her that has always made me feel warm and welcomed. I think I appreciate this MOST because she embodies this fruit of the Spirit while maintaining a MIND and OPINIONS and INTELLIGENCE. Some women equate “gentle” with “dumb”. Not JOE MAMMA, Hayley! Happy Birthday, Sheila!

7. Amanda Fox says:

I only know Sheila through my wonderful S-I-L Erin…but, anyone who can raise such a wonderful gal…must be pretty great! And the fact she loves pulled pork, FOX News and the USA….well, she’s tops in my book! HaPpY BiRtHdAy SHEILA!

8. erin says:

There is mushiness on here! But I like it. Amanda is definitely #1 sis-in-law now :).

9. Mom says:

You guys! What a blessing each and every one of you are to me — and certainly everyone around you.

10. Laura says:

Hayley’s mom- Well, you’re similar to my mom. You have put up with Shannon, Hayley and me for…. well, 20+ years. So, thanks for putting up with me and all of your help as I have grown up. I always loved how their house looked perfect. And how she made my parents’ house look perfect. Amazing. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!